Sunday, December 17, 2017

Day 5: Gifts From the Kitchen

Do you have all your
shopping done??

I wish I did...

I still have a few odds 
and ends to "wrap up"...
(see what I did there?)

If you still need a gift... 
or maybe a little something 
 for a
 neighbor or a teacher... 
a hostess gift...
Have I got a solution for you!


Luckily, it is Day 5 of the 
12 Days of Blue Ribbon Kitchen... 
and Day 5 is: Gifts from the Kitchen!!

A foolproof gift-giving idea... 
that's good any time of the year.

Here are 4 award-winning recipes for you to try.

The MOST popular recipe on the blog to date
is this blue ribbon winning
 banana bread.

If you're not sure...read some of the 
many comments... it's very good...gift-giving good.

Click the link below the photo to 
get the recipe and all the details.


Next... and very near and dear 
to my heart... 
this award-winning pecan pie...

This pie has won a handful of 
first-place ribbons over the years...
but this year...
this was the year and the pecan pie 
claimed the 100th blue ribbon.

It's like this little pecan pie 
just knew it was about to have
15 minutes of fame...

...and like the rock star pie that she is...
she swooped in to get that big ribbon!

I mean... if someone gave me a pie...
let alone this amazing pecan pie... 
I would no doubt have
a brand new BFF!!

Click below to get the link to the recipe.



This chocolate fudge is a great last
 minute kitchen gift...
because... 
you make it in the microwave!
It's so easy and really good...

I bet you have most... if not all of
 the ingredients on hand right now!!

For a quick gift ... that looks and 
tastes like you spent a long time making it... 
Get the recipe for dark chocolate cherry fudge!!
If you are not a fan of cherries...leave them out.
Yes... you can also add nuts or whatever you like...

Click the link to get all the details!!

CHOCOLATE FUDGE RECIPE LINK


Here is a cookie recipe...
Because, I can't really leave
 a cookie off this Christmas gifts list...
and I thought a lot about 
which cookie recipe to share...

Drum roll please...


I chose the classic sugar cookie.

Why... ??

This simple sugar cookie is really lovely.
They look gorgeous packaged 
up in cellophane...

They look pretty next to tea or coffee..
you can do either red or green sugar ...or leave them plain...
...but the buttery taste... these cookies are too good.

Just the smell of them baking takes
 me back to childhood... and they are
soooo delicious.

 I cannot be trusted with these cookies...
the gold-standard to a 
cookie tray
...not too fancy and so perfect...
I love a really good sugar cookie... 
these are thin and chewy... buttery and sweet....
perfection.

Click the link below the photo
for the recipe and all the details.
























No comments:

Post a Comment