Monday, September 14, 2015

Pumpkin Wreath 101

Making a wreath is the perfect thing to do while waiting on a repairman...

It doesn't take too long to make...
it isn't too involved...

  this pumpkin wreath is all 
about the fall... 
it makes a statement without
being too fussy...

So...back to my waiting.... and the needed repair...

The other day, I had a suspicious feeling 
 that our household had gone too long ...

 way too long...

without any major appliance going on the fritz...

{Isn't that the worst...when you sense a repair is looming...}

And like clockwork... our dryer stopped drying.

Not the end of the world... 
Only a temporary loss of the modern day drying convenience ...
 --a brief  hiatus of fluffy warm towels and soft clothing.
While we (anxiously) wait for the repair truck to arrive...
 I will happily share with you the quick and easy how-to on 
this fabulously effortless fall pumpkin wreath.

This little beauty can get your front door ALL the way
 through Thanksgiving!!...it's only pumpkins.



I started by using craft store pumpkin picks.  
The "pick" means there is a wire or plastic barb 
that the pumpkin is mounted
 to for easy arranging.  
If you come across pumpkins that aren't picks... 
those will work too, 
you'll just need to hot glue your pumpkins directly into place.

I purchased my supplies from Hobby Lobby.  Be sure to use your coupons!!
This wreath was less than $20 to make...I like to watch for sales.

I used a wispy wreath form.
Try to work in odd numbers if possible. 
 Here I used seven pumpkins to fill in my wreath.
I simply poked the pick into the wreath and wrapped the pick around the wreath form.  
Once I had all the pumpkins in place, I secured them with a little hot glue.


Finally I added some dried moss.  
I simply tore off small amounts 
and tucked it between the pumpkins.  
I used a little hot glue to secure the moss.



Taaa Daaa... finished.


Even a few walkers in the neighborhood said how much 
they liked it as they were strolling by...
{I often wonder what they must think about me toting my camera around 
taking wreath photos all the time...}

I am always happy to hear that it looks good.... 
although  I would hardly expect them to heckle me 
and my little pumpkin wreath... ha.

So... until next time ...
I will be working on a few more fall inspired crafts, 
...collecting my laundry from off the line... 
and I'll be daydreaming of fluffy towels and pants that don't feel like cardboard...








No comments:

Post a Comment